TURNBULL’S ZOMBIE CUTS MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE BUDGET
December 19, 2016
Malcolm Turnbull must scrap his unfair zombie cuts from the Budget and from the Parliament.
Mr Turnbull and his snake oil Treasurer, Scott Morrison have kept their unfair zombie cuts in today’s MYEFO, despite many of the cuts remaining unlegislated from the 2014 and 2015 Budgets.
Mr Turnbull must accept that these zombie cuts are not credible savings to the Budget bottom line.
Malcolm Turnbull’s zombie cuts include:
- Cuts to paid parental leave – that will leave 80,000 new mums up to $12,000 worse off;
- Cuts to young jobseekers that will force them to live off nothing for five weeks.
- Cuts to Family Tax Benefits that will hurt low income Australian families;
- Abolition of the Pensioner Education Supplement and Education Entry Payment;
- Increasing the pension age to 70 – meaning Australia will have oldest pension age in the developed world;
Malcolm Turnbull just won’t listen. Australians don’t want these harsh cuts that hurt hard-working families, pensioners, and young people.
The time has come for Mr Turnbull to stop the deception and scrap these unfair cuts from the Budget and remove them from the Parliament for good.
MONDAY, 19 DECEMBER 2016