TURNBULL REFUSES TO SAY HOW MANY FAMILIES WILL BE WORSE OFF AS A RESULT OF FTB CUTS
February 09, 2017
Today in Question Time, Malcolm Turnbull was asked a very simple question:
“Exactly how many Australian families will be worse off because of the Prime Minister’s cuts to family payments which were introduced into the Parliament today?”
BILL SHORTEN, HOUSE OF REPS, 8 FEBRUARY 2017
However Mr Turnbull refused to admit that one million Australian families will be worse off as a result of his cuts to Family Tax Benefits.
Mr Turnbull is kidding himself if he wants a pat on the back for still hurting Australian families.
On top of the cuts to Family Tax Benefits, Malcolm Turnbull is cutting:
- Paid Parental Leave to around 70,000 new parents each year.
- Energy supplement to pensioners, people with disability, carers and Newstart recipients.
- Cuts to young people between the ages of 22 and 24 by pushing them onto the lower Youth Allowance – a cut of around $48 a week or almost $2,500 a year.
- Scrapping the Pensioner Education Supplement and Education Entry Payment.
- Cutting the pension to migrant pensioners who spend more than six weeks overseas.
The Turnbull Government should not hold families, pensioners, new parents and young people to ransom to pay for childcare reform.
WEDNESDAY, 8 FEBRUARY 2017