TURNBULL MUST DROP UNFAIR ZOMBIE CUTS
April 04, 2017
The Turnbull Government must drop its unfair zombie cuts in the 2017 Budget.
These zombie cuts have been rejected by the Senate several times now. Many of them were first introduced in the horror 2014 Budget.
These Budget cuts include:
- Cuts to Family Tax Benefits – scrapping Family Tax Benefit Part A and Part B end of year supplements.
- Cuts to Paid Parental Leave –70,000 new mums will be worse off.
- Scrapping the Energy Supplement – a $1 billion cut to pensioners, people with disability, carers and Newstart recipients. Scrapping the Energy Supplement to new pensioners will be a cut of about $365 a year.
- Five week wait for Newstart – forcing young people to live off nothing for five weeks before they can access income support.
- Cuts to young people between the ages of 22 and 24 by pushing them onto the lower Youth Allowance – a cut of around $48 a week or almost $2,500 a year.
- Scrapping the Pensioner Education Supplement and Education Entry Payment.
- Cutting the pension to migrant pensioners who spend more than six weeks overseas.
Labor will continue to stand up for low income Australians and oppose these zombie cuts.
Labor calls on the Turnbull Government to take these unfair zombie cuts out of the Parliament and out of the Budget, for good.
Malcolm Turnbull doesn’t have a plan to help families and pensioners his only plan is to rip billions from household budgets across Australia.
MONDAY, 3 APRIL 2017