Treasurer Scott Morrison has refused to kill the Turnbull Government’s unfair zombie cuts from the Omnibus Bill.
Asked on Sky News this afternoon:
PVO: here’s a whole series of savings measures that were in the old omnibus bill, that aren’t in the new one, what’s the status of those?
MORRISON: Well, these are measures that continue to stand as government policy.
In other words the Turnbull Government still wants to make massive cuts to families, paid parental leave, the Five Week Wait for Newstart, and scrap the Energy Supplement.
Mr Turnbull still has a litany of unfair zombie cuts that will hurt ordinary Australians, they include:
- Cuts to Paid Parental Leave –70,000 new mums will be worse off.
- Scrapping the Energy Supplement – a $1 billion cut to pensioners, people with disability, carers and Newstart recipients.
- Five week wait for Newstart – forcing young people to live off nothing for five weeks before they can access income support.
- Cuts to young people between the ages of 22 and 24 by pushing them off Newstart onto the lower Youth Allowance – a cut of around $48 a week or almost $2,500 a year.
- Scrapping the Pensioner Education Supplement and Education Entry Payment.
- Cutting the pension to migrant pensioners who spend more than six weeks overseas.
Labor will continue to stand up for vulnerable Australians against the Liberals unfair zombie cuts.
WEDNESDAY, 22 MARCH 2017