The first task of new Social Services Minister Christian Porter is to clean up the mess left behind by Scott Morrison and Kevin Andrews.
Christian Porter needs to:
1. Drop cuts to Family Tax Benefits.
2. Drop cuts to Paid Parental Leave.
3. Drop the increase in retirement age to 70 years old.
4. Take the cuts to pension indexation out of the Parliament.
5. Drop cuts to young job seekers.
6. Sign all the National Disability Insurance Scheme bilateral agreements with states and the Northern Territory.
7. Fund the cuts to vital community support services for very vulnerable Australians.
Scott Morrison was appointed to clean up Kevin Andrew’s mess but left behind more chaos, confusion and cuts.
Many of these cuts have already been rejected by the Parliament.
It's time to drop them forever.
If Malcolm Turnbull is serious about doing things differently he would make sure Christian Porter got on with his to do list today.
MONDAY, 21 SEPTEMBER 2015