DAN TEHAN’S TO DO LIST
December 19, 2017
The first task of the new Minister for Social Services, Dan Tehan is to clean up the mess left behind by his predecessor Christian Porter.
Dan Tehan’s to do list:
- Drop the plan to axe the Energy Supplement to 1.7 million Australians.
- Drop the plan to increase the pension age to 70.
- Drop the flawed drug testing trials of social security recipients.
- Stop demonising vulnerable people who rely on our social security system
- Get agreement from states and institutions on a national redress scheme for survivors of child sexual abuse, as a matter of urgency;
- Fix the problems with the NDIS rollout –
- Lift the staffing cap at the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
- Allow NDIS participants to see a draft version of their plans
- Fix the problems with the NDIS IT system
Dan Tehan has been appointed to clean up Christian Porter’s mess.
Many of Porter’s zombie cuts have been rejected by the Parliament on a number of occasions - it's time for Tehan to drop them once and for all.
If Mr Tehan wants to fix Porter’s mess he should start by getting on with his to do list today.
TUESDAY, 19 DECEMBER 2017